A ghost is usually defined as the apparition of a deceased person, frequently similar in appearance to that person, and encountered in places he or she frequented, or in association with the person's former belongings. The word "ghost" may also refer to the spirit or soul of a deceased person, or to any spirit or demon.

« Home | 1891 Apparition Ghost Picture » | Angel Picture or Ghost Picture? »

Haunted Hotel

Original Version

This picture of a ghostly trio from Down Under is one of the most unique ghost images I have ever encountered. Here is the story in the photographer's own words:

Years ago, my brother and his wife and kids moved into a hotel in Gawler, South Australia, a small town north of Adelaide. After carrying out renovations on the building that was built in 1836, strange things started to happen, people started to hear strange things and see the apparition of a small girl and an older man. Being a skeptic, I didn't believe it until my brother started to see things as well. All the stories from different people were the same so I got interested, and being a photographer (weddings, etc.) I thought I would have a go at getting something on film. A friend and I stayed in the hotel all night in the section that used to be the Gawler morgue last century before it was turned into a hotel. It was very eerie and I could feel the presence of the spirits or what ever you call them. It was so strong a feeling that it is hard to describe.

This photo was taken on 200iso speed Kodak TMax film B&W. I also tried infrared film without much success. After developing the film I had a quick look at it and didn't think I had captured anything until a week or so later when I was doing some testing in the dark room and I noticed a negative which looked different than the rest.


Enhanced version

"I made a copy and could not believe it. I then took a copy to every photo expert I could find and they all said it was unexplainable. After the initial carry on about it, we decided to throw them in a drawer and forget about it until the local Gawler paper, The Bunyip, contacted me four or five years later in March 1998. The South Australian Advertiser (South Australia's main newspaper) also ran a story on the photo.... Then in April of the same year 'A Current Affair' (TV Program) did an interview with me at the Old Spot Hotel which aired on Channel 9 in April, 1998, around Australia."

http://www.geocities.com/area51/shadowlands/5318/threeghosts.htm


i think this picture is ginuine. its very common to see faces in mist or smoke or even fire. but to say that it is ghosts is a toss up. there's no way to prove either way whether or not it is or it isnt. i guess its just up to what you believe.

Post a Comment

AddThis Social Bookmark Button
AddThis Feed Button

Sponsored Links



Contact Me

If you have interesting pictures and would like to share with others, please do send me an email at kamsjr@yahoo.com


Archives


Sponsor's


Discount Hotel Reservation

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner